The helmet is the most important part of a bike equipment. Also, you should know that there are different types of masks for different kinds of uses and needs.
Faced with such variety, it is essential to know how to choose the best motorcycle helmet, not only define what type of helmet you are more interested but how to know how to choose the helmet that suits you, which best fits you and gives you more security.
After making a mask there is a whole study of materials and safety testing, and as you see in the picture nothing is a coincidence. It will be useful to know how to identify a motorcycle helmet unsafely and know how to reduce the noise of a bike helmet.
Different types of closure
A helmet should always be tightly closed, and tight, a helmet is a useless unfastened helmet, keep that in mind and make a correct and responsible use.
As you start looking helmets see that there are different types of closures, a more comfortable and faster than others, and safer and adjusted than others.
To close the strap will find multiple adjustment ratchet closures, closures with buttons on each side or simple button among others, as the market evolves and new systems brands offer every day.
However, the most secure closure is composed of the double ring. Although it seems the most basic and straightforward is best suited to our neck and provides greater security, although is both the most uncomfortable and slow to fasten well worth it.
The importance of materials
Prices of helmets can vary greatly from one model to another, it all depends on their content and design. By buying try not to put a price on your head.
The screen must be resistant to scratches and whether treatment has even better fogging. The transparent are those that offer a better view, but in many cases, there are tinted, colored or mirror.
Inside: Most helmets now accounts day with removable and washable plush interior, making the life of our town continues.
The outer shell: This is where the difference is what makes the note and define the price of a helmet.
– Polycarbonate or thermoplastic resin: They are cheaper and less reliable. They also have the expiration date, so that after five years should be replaced by losing protective properties, notwithstanding impacts. Because yes, motorcycle helmets expire.
– Fiberglass: This is the material that best absorbs shock and also has a contained price, but mid-range helmets for its simplicity.
– Tri-Composite: Mixture of carbon fiberglass, and Kevlar. It is the most common compound between high-end helmets and the best security option thanks to its absorption properties and resistance, and cheaper in addition to carbon compounds only.
– Carbon fiber and Kevlar: Carbon fiber is the most valued for its light weight and high strength, even if it is added to the abrasion resistance of Kevlar. It is the most exclusive and expensive combination used especially in competition.
Also, note that when is lighter, more comfortable will be and that just as a helmet will help make you see the motorcycle, and depending on how your helmet also will help you spend less heat in summer.
Buying helmet? Note these!
A helmet must not look good and are just nice. There are many other things you should look for when you buy a helmet online. Comfort and safety are critical as a helmet, if all goes well, will last for years and years. Is the helmet once at home, take the following things well then into consideration.
- The mask is resistant to noise that causes your engine?
- What about the addition of air in the helmet?
- Covers the mask comfortable?
- Functions of the helmet aerodynamics at a sharp bend properly?
- Can you turn your neck quickly if you’re at the helm?
- Can you see enough through the visor opening?
A motorcycle helmet is not consumable but a commodity, you throw a helmet does not clear after a single use. Ask yourself, what is more important, my safety or the amount I spent on a helmet?
Your safety is to stand above all. A good motorcycle helmet can prevent you is killed or suffers a severe brain injury. For a few tens of euros more, you can buy a helmet that means the difference between life and death, let cheap sale are not dead.
My name is Bradley Miller; I own a car and a motorcycle. My love for motorcycles is not new-found, I remember wanting to ride a motorbike since my childhood days. As soon as I could afford my own vehicle I bought a Triumph Street Triple 2011 made. I am from Austin, Texas and the weather is pleasant here for most time of the year.