The studio monitor is made with the purpose of controlling in order to meet the needs of checking sound during editing, audio alignment in the studio as well as projects for dubbing, music production.
Why do we need a studio monitor in our studio?
Due to and the stringent requirements of the job, studio monitor often expressed extreme audio precision that is necessary resource, we have the frequency range response (frequency response) is very wide, usually below 50Hz to above 20kHz. The best studio monitor (learn more at Soldier Studio) is not the one gives us the best sound but it releases the most trusted sound with the highest quality.
In the studio, to hear and recognize whether the sound of the instruments in is harmony with each other, we need to utilize studio monitor (studio monitor speakers), simply because it emits the best sounds, the best standard of the music of that instruments. Talking about its truthfulness, we understand that it does not create any particular sound.
- Example: you are listening to music with a set of Tannoy loudspeaker, which is a famous brand of studio monitor and your next door neighbor has a different set of speakers, the other equally famous brand what would happen if we put one CD and listen to over two speakers? We will recognize each of the speakers are nice, but they are not the same. It’s called the color of the device. Your Tannoy speakers are assembling the components by the selective nature of its so different, specially designed enclosures for different sounds. Bass and mid membranes made from wood pulp special compounds and treated to meet stiffness and lightweight, fast bass response and accurate, etc.
Now you can see that they decide their sound to the speakers according to their thinking that they are the best.
My brother love Tannoy, so he bought it and he is always sure that it’s great (this is indisputable because it’s actually very good), but I like Bose speakers, there is a difference no slight difference here, in short, it was explained. When people hear a sound they know and feel it and they appreciate it, they like it. So, what about studio monitor?
Some famous brands in the world
Technology production of the studio monitor is the secrets that each manufacturer would never publish, generally, it will be made from high-grade materials so that costs are always higher than those normally civil speaker that. The production lines are the most brand-based chain as Genelec crafts, Adam but tested negative loudspeaker used modern manufacturing technologies automatic such as Focal French.
- The cost of each studio monitor does not tell all about their quality, but partly reflected the brand as well as materials to make them superior or not. Moreover, when it comes to the quality of a pair speaker sound check, we will not have a specific standard but often the choice of the appropriate value, the appropriateness of space to put them, in the audio category to test negative, in taste as well as the familiarity of ears per person.
- The control speaker audio brand famous and familiar in the UK can be considered as the good choices for you are KRK, Event, Alesis, M-Audio, PreSonus, Focal, Gennelc, etc. Each model has a specific and separate costs, consistent with the nature of work each different.
KRK is known as one of the most famous and popular studio monitor at the moment.
- Studio monitor now is divided into two main types; the allocation is based on the speaker comes with capacity (power) integrated or not:
- Passive studio monitor: no built-in speaker amplifier, we must equip capacity (power) to be able to use, as Yamaha NS 10M, 10-studio NS studio monitor for examples. However, because of the troublesome nature of pair matching amplifier, the Passive studio monitor has not been produced and sold at a large quantity as it was.
- Active studio monitor: Speakers built capacity, just plug into the audio source is used, due to the convenience, this type accounted for the main component in the market today.
In short, studio monitor is a dedicated speaker, while choosing to buy them, you need to define a clear demand-purpose use as well as its economic conditions.